Welcome to My Food Butler - a local service created for your convenience. This is my blog - where I dish on my journey to business. Here's a little about us:

We will prepare your meals for you, stock them in your fridge, and include easy to execute instructions for re-heating. All the convenience of "ready-made" food - without the preservatives, additives, and unknowns. My Food Butler uses the freshest and most local ingredients possible and the food prepared with these ingredients is filled with the goodness of homemade.

Each month a menu is posted, from which you can order for the weekly deliveries. If you can pick out the entire month at once - great! If you prefer to order on a week-by-week basis - great! It's your service and is meant to make at least one part of your life simpler.

Menus for each week will consist of 4-5 entree type of dishes, sides, soup, salads, sandwich stuffers (or salad toppers), fresh baked bread of the week, a couple of a la carte items, organic fresh baby food for the mom and dads out there, and dessert. We have addressed the growing diversity of tastes by making each dish vegetarian optional. You order per serving and can specify which dishes should or shouldn't include local organic humanely raised meats. Once you choose your preferences you simply fax over an order form or send us an email. Early the following week we will bring your food right to you - at home (to you or a cooler) or at the office.

My Food Butler is my new baby and a fabulous alternative to the restaurant business I almost dove into. Happily I've changed direction and while I'm ready ready ready I'm also open to feedback and any fabulous ideas. The key for me is to be flexible, readily able to give you what you want. It is after all, your Food Butler.

We should be in full swing in the next few weeks - I can't wait! I have been perusing the farmer's markets, meeting local vendors, and getting together some fabulous recipes. My kitchen is humming as I bake bread, wring fresh pasta through it's machine, and try all sorts of new recipes. I'll keep you posted!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tadik crusted Halibut...

So it's not actually tadik - that is a persian word for "bottom of the pot", but the concept is the same: thinly sliced potato brought to a crusty brown. In this case, it goes around the fish! I saw this on the Food Network (secrets of a restaurant chef) last night (thank you tevo). She took thinly sliced potato, arranged them on parchment to look like fish scales (overlapping and forming a rectangle), brushed them with this decadent infused oil (garlic, thyme, s & p, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds), then place the thick white filet of halibut over the potatoes and used the parchment to "wrap" the potato around the fish. A half hour in the fridge to firm it up and then into a hot, infused oil dosed frying pan where the potatoes crusted and the fish cooked through light and fluffy. This is going on the menu!

1 comment: